ZUMANITY, ANOTHER SIDE OF CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
CELEBRATES ITS SECOND ANNIVERSARY
ZUMANITY Continues to Push the Envelope
With New Talent and Original Acts
(PRVegas.com) LAS VEGAS (September 12, 2005) - ZUMANITY, ANOTHER SIDE OF CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, the provocative, cabaret-style production with a Cirque du Soleil twist, will celebrate its second anniversary on September 20, 2005 with a sultry special evening of seduction.
Since it's unveiling on September 20, 2003 , ZUMANITY has attained the 1,000 th show milestone and has seduced over 1 million patrons from around the world with its daring eroticism and playful innuendo. ZUMANITY has also garnered the accolades of national and international audiences and media alike. Media highlights from the past year include features on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno , Dennis Miller Live and The Travel Channel as well as pictorials in Z!NK and Vanity Fair Italy magazines. Pioneering the previously uncharted waters of adult magazines, ZUMANITY was also featured in the July, 2005 issue of Playboy magazine.
At the same time that ZUMANITY pays tribute to the accomplishments of the past two years, the production also looks ahead with excitement for new creative enhancements. Charged with the monumental task of keeping ZUMANITY on the cutting-edge of adult entertainment, while at the same time preserving the core integrity of the show, Artistic Director Ria Martens joined the production in September, 2004 from sister show Mystère . Guided by 20 years of experience in the dance field and eight years of experience with various Cirque du Soleil productions, Ria has affected a significant impact on the creative content of ZUMANITY by integrating new acts, tightening choreography and strengthening character dynamics to develop consistent through-lines from start to finish.
The arrival of several new artists and the implementation of imaginative, original acts have had significant impact on ZUMANITY's continual evolution to produce an even more extravagant night of outrageously sexy, thrilling and fun entertainment.
The creative contributions of new cast members at ZUMANITY have invigorated the show with compelling talent and several interesting new characters. These artists include:
- Nicky Dewhurst - Well-known for being a cast clown, England-native Nicky has traded in the bright pink master of ceremonies hat he wore in his former production, Mystère, to peddle titillating toys around the showroom as ZUMANITY 's comedic French sex merchant.
- Shannan Calcutt - A rising star among Canadian comics, Shannan comes to ZUMANITY from Vancouver , where she received critical acclaim for her one-woman show. In ZUMANITY , she reprises her signature clown character "Izzy," an outgoing (albeit naïve) debutante searching for her boyfriend.
- Ebon Grayman - An aerial artist and acrobat extraordinaire, native New Yorker Ebon spent nine years with the touring show, Alegria, before planting roots in Las Vegas to play the role of an extremely agile half-man, half beast faun in ZUMANITY .
- Ulziibayar Chimed - Originally from Mongolia, Ulzii (pronounced "Och-kee"), who began her contortionist training when she was only five years old, has the distinction of being one of the only Cirque du Soleil artists who has literally grown up with the company. She joined Alegria when she was 10 years old and can now (at the age of 22) be seen performing in ZUMANITY's "Waterbowl" act.
- Ariuna Batchuluun - Also performing in the "Waterbowl" act, Mongolia-native Ariuna joins ZUMANITY from "O", where she previously performed contortion with an aquatic quartet. She began her performance career at the tender age of eight.
- Hugo Desmarais - Known on-stage as "Spider-Shadow," Hugo is the perennial jack-of-all-trades, skilled in aerial hoops, trapeze, acrobatics, singing and dancing. Originally from Quebec , he recently moved to Las Vegas from Denmark.
Also serving to enrich the artistic landscape is several never-before-seen acts tailor made for ZUMANITY . These additions include two new clown acts, entitled "Scotch Baggies" and "Knives," and a brand new grand finale, the finesse of which successfully brings the production full circle.
Tickets to Zumanity may be purchased at http://www.Click2Vegas.com
Vegas show tickets may also be purchased at http://www.NationalShowTickets.com
Online booking in advance is suggested as these shows sell out nightly and most several weeks in advance.